Things I Don’t Want You To Say To Me When You Found Out I’m Having (Another) Miscarriage:
- It’s for the best. Something was wrong, this was your body’s way of telling you.
- It will happen when it’s meant to happen.
- It’s a blessing in disguise.
- You’ll get over it.
- It wasn’t really a baby yet, anyway.
- At least you weren’t further along, that’s a good thing.
- Are you sure you were really pregnant?
- Just be thankful for what you already have.
- Some people have it worse than you, they can’t even get pregnant.
Please, please don’t expect me to just “get over it.” Don’t expect me to ever want to try again, no matter how much you try to convince me that “God has a plan.” Don’t ask me why I’m crying, don’t ask me why I’m in a bad mood. Don’t tell me to keep my head up, don’t tell me that everything will be ok.