I should have posted on Thursday after my appointment, but I was so stressed out and tired that I just didn’t have it in me.

Remember in my last post, when I said my OB said I was a “pet patient” and she’d see me if need be?

Well, “need be” happened on Thursday. I had my ultrasound first, and as usual, he looked great (which always makes me feel really relieved.) He was kind of quiet, not moving around a lot, but he had been all day, so I guess I didn’t think too much about it. I chatted with the ultrasound tech, and she asked how I was feeling. I told her that I’d been feeling weird the past couple days (which is true — Wednesday afternoon I started feeling off, and then I got really crampy.  The cramps lasted all day Thursday. Such fun)! She said, “Well you know what happens if your uterus is naughty on the NST!” Then she laughed and sent me on my way.

Got hooked up to the NST, and the nurse, too, asked how I was feeling. I repeated what I’d told the u/s tech, and she told me we’d see what was going on. She also said that she’d noticed that I wasn’t scheduled to see my OB after the NST, and she thought that was odd so she went ahead set it up so Dr. A would see me. (I love the nurses so much.) Sat on the NST for 15 minutes, and in those 15 minutes, two things of note happened. 1.) Miles didn’t move. It’s like he’d fallen asleep and was down for the count. The top line of the chart was pretty much flat. 2.) I had 7 contractions. In 15 minutes. Compared to the top line of the chart, the bottom line looked like the Rocky Mountains.  I wasn’t happy about this, and I was even less happy when she pointed it out. “Well, you’re definitely contracting! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and it’s only been 15 minutes!)

I drank some juice and ate a granola bar, hoping it would perk the baby up, but nothing. After an hour and 20 contractions, he had maybe one big movement. My OB came in and looked at the chart and said, “Well, your baby isn’t perking up but your uterus sure is!” She checked me, and I’m still only at 1 1/2 (with a wiggle, she said) but she told me that at this point in the game, I can’t put any stock in that because things can change in a matter of an hour. I asked her what’s a good “when to call” guideline to follow, like how many contractions is too many, and she told me she couldn’t give me a “too many” guideline because I’d already gone past the “too many in an hour” stage (normally she doesn’t want to see more than 6 in an hour. Oops.) She said that because I was only a 1 1/2, she wasn’t going to admit me (thank God) but if they got stronger or closer together, to call.

As you can tell by the fact that I’m writing this post, they haven’t gotten stronger or closer together. I’m still contracting, more often than I was, but at this point? It’s fine. I’m almost 37 weeks, and once I get there, he can come any time.

I will say this, though. When I was hooked up to the monitor, and I realized how many contractions I was having, I had a slight panic attack. It took me a few minutes to catch my breath and calm down. All I could think about while I was laying there was, “OMG, my house is a disaster. My hospital bag isn’t packed! I haven’t even picked out a going home outfit for the baby yet! I CAN’T HAVE HIM RIGHT NOW!”  My OB commented that I looked a little teary-eyed, so I had to explain to her that I was freaking out. Ha!

So, on my agenda for today: PACK A BAG. PICK A GOING HOME OUTFIT. At least then I’ll feel more prepared.



2 thoughts on “Eventful.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s